Everyone Wants to Feel Seen
I recently sent a custom video pitch to an author I admire. I had read her book twice in the past year.
She said yes!
A key was that I started the video sharing how much inspiration I had gleaned from her book. I believe this helped her feel seen.
Everyone is human. Everyone wants to feel seen. Will you give that gift to someone, too, a send a video pitch? It just may be the path to your dream job.
Launch into a New Career (it’s easier than you think)
Did you like to draw as a kid? Maybe it’s time to reconnect with that, by designing digital products via a career in UX/UI!
Getting started may be easier than you think…
No matter what professional experience you have so far in your career, you’ve already built valuable soft skills to enrich your UX/UI career.
The next step: empower yourself to learn new hard skills! UX Academy by Designlab will guide you.
With flexible hours and proven results, Designlab offers a learning path to help you reach your new career goals:
- Fully online, async learning experience
- 1:1 mentorship with an experienced designer
- No design experience needed—Designlab offers a prerequisite course to help you gain foundational design skills to prep for UX Academy
- You can get started with the UX Academy Foundations course at just 10 hours a week for 8 weeks
- 1765 graduates hired
- You can book a call with admissions to answer any questions you have
How to Get (and give) Recommendations on LinkedIn
Social proof is a powerful form of career currency. Gathering testimonials from other professionals is huge in helping you build your brand and reputation.
Here are tips in this post, How to Get (and give) Recommendations on LinkedIn.
Quote of the Day
Stay committed to your decisions, but stay flexible in your approach.”
— Tony Robbins
The Career Hackers Revolution
- Career hacking is about the relentless pursuit of discovering and doing what makes you come alive. Here are the core principles in the Career Hackers Manifesto.
- See two of our top posts: How to Make a Video Pitch and 100 Ways to Work Out Loud, so you can skip the resume and degree and be your own credential.
- Follow us on Twitter
- Follow Joel on LinkedIn
- Want audio? Head to the Daily Job Hunt Podcast.