The truth is, in the sales process, often the prospect is waiting to see how much you care, e.g. how much you’ll follow up.
Same with job hunting. Because job hunting is a sales process!
Persistence isn’t annoying, it’s polite. And that’s why keep telling you this same message. ; )
Job hunting is a mess right now?
Morning Brew newsletter just pointed out how so many people are frustrated and at a loss when it comes to standing out to land a remote job.
“There has been no shortage of jobs for me to apply to. There have just been a lot more rejections,” said Tenta. “It feels much more competitive than it did when I was applying a couple of years ago.”
It’s true, that’s the reality many face.
But it doesn’t have to be that way!
When you send a custom video, or project straight to a human, you’ll land interviews 80% of the time (assuming you follow up, see above)!
How to Handle Fear (on the job hunt)
Speaking of the lizard brain…I’ll lead a workshop to share the tools and mindsets needed to empower yourself and quiet your lizard brain, How to handle fear (on the job hunt), Thursday, Dec. 1 at 4pm CST.
This will also be a chance to be coached, ask questions, and connect with others.
Quote of the Day
“The very best thing you can do for the whole world is to make the most of yourself.”
― Wallace D. Wattles
The Career Hackers Revolution
- Career hacking is about the relentless pursuit of discovering and doing what makes you come alive. Here are the core principles in the Career Hackers Manifesto.
- Sick and tired of your negative self-talk? Sign up for a free trial of 1-1 coaching.
- See two of our top posts: How to Make a Video Pitch and 100 Ways to Work Out Loud, so you can skip the resume and degree and be your own credential.
- Want audio? Head to the Daily Job Hunt Podcast.
- Can’t get enough? Get the DJH Sunday Special for extra mindset juice.