This post originally appeared as a 7-17 Weekend Issue of the Daily Job Hunt email. Sign up for kick-butt career hype in your inbox each morning.
Mindset for Success
Find Your Happy Price. For what amount of money would you be happy and excited to accept the job offer and would you also happily walk away if you couldn't get it? Determine your 'happy price' like this, and negotiating becomes easy, or even unnecessary!
Accept the Facts. Don't keep beating yourself up about what you have done up until this point. Accept it, and let it go. Be honest about where you are, then take responsibility for where you go next.
Plant Seeds. Every time you take action on your job hunt, you are planting seeds that can sprout. So don't measure success by the harvest of a particular day. Measure it by the seeds you sowed.
Links worth checking out
- How to Negotiate a Job Offer - Isaac Morehouse (5 min. video)
- How a Woman Landed a Job at TikTok by…TikToking - (4 min article)
- The Immense Compounding Power of Daily Blogging - (7 min podcast)
- 2 Things to Do Instead of a Resume - (2 min tiktok)
- Crash Guide to Negotiating - (17 page pdf)
Quote of the Week
"No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn't trying."
― Tony Robbins
The Daily Job Hunt
Join 200,000+ readers and get a kick in the inbox every morning.