Weekly Digest June 5th
If you can dream it, do it!
This post originally appeared as a 6-5 Weekend Issue of the Daily Job Hunt email. Sign up for kick-butt career hype in your inbox each morning.
Mindset for Success
Dream, Do. Before you sit down to work today, take 30 seconds and visualize what you desire. Picture wild success. Then take the next step.
Avoid Desperation. Few things are as unattractive as desperation. Let it go. You're a talented person, and there are plenty of opportunities out there. You got this.
Fuck the ATS. So the robots rejected your resume again? Fuck 'm. Seriously, sidestep the whole thing! Go create a project, pitch, or email that shows you're awesome and email it to a real human.
Meme of the week
Links worth checking out
- Finding Hiring Companies Using Crunchbase (3 min how to article)
- Showing Up, or how to make your dreams come true (podcast)
- Being Different (2 min article)
- How Kareem automated his job search to land 30+ interviews (3 min article)
- Sending a Burrito to Win a Job (podcast)
Quote of the Week
"We don't motivate people. We hire motivated people."
― Dave Ramsey
The Daily Job Hunt
Join 125,000+ readers and get a kick in the inbox every morning.