Weekly Digest June 19th
Always remember to lead with love today
This post originally appeared as a 6-19 Weekend Issue of the Daily Job Hunt email. Sign up for kick-butt career hype in your inbox each morning.
Mindset for Success
The One and Only Rule. Meet job requirements, fill out portal, upload resume. Blablabla. You want to follow rules? Follow this one rule: no resume allowed. Get creative and stand out!
Lead with Love. Pitching a company? Tell them why you love THEM first. Quickest way to instantly build rapport and help you stand out from the apply-with-one-click crowd.
Next Play. Rejection sucks. Failure sucks. But just like in sports, when you make a mistake or the ref makes a bad call, there's no sense in getting mad about it. Get ready for the next play.
Links worth checking out
- 3 Tips on How to Make a Great Video Pitch (video)
- Madison's Exemplary Pitch to Twitter (video resume)
- 4 Tips for Better Networking (4 min article)
- 100 Ways to Work Out Loud (3 min article)
- Complete Guide to Pitching (pdf)
- When is it Time for a Big Leap? (podcast)
Quote of the Week
“This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.”
― Tyler Durden (Fight Club)
The Daily Job Hunt
Join 125,000+ readers and get a kick in the inbox every morning.