This post originally appeared as a 5-8 Weekend Issue of the Daily Job Hunt email. Sign up for kick-butt career hype in your inbox each morning.
Mindset for Success
Be a Doer. Don't watch life happen from the sidelines. You have one life, so go create it!
Beat the resume scanner by side-stepping the portals entirely. Find a real person to reach out to and shoot them a personal email. Include something that's too good to ignore (like a pitch!) and you're in.
Feeling is better than Freezing. Allow yourself to feel what you're feeling, even if it's negative (e.g. stressed, frustrated). Name it. Accept it. Then, keep going!
Links worth checking out
- Definitive Guide to Pitching (free pdf)
- Best Way to Land a Startup Job in 2021 (twitter thread)
- Do the F*cking Work! (4 min Rock video)
- How to Change Careers Without Going Back to School (2 min article)
- Be Your Own Credential (1 min blog)
- Forward Tilt (50 short podcasts w/ career tips)
Quote of the Week
“'Someday' is a disease that will take your dreams to the grave with you. If it’s important to you and you want to do it 'eventually,' just do it and course correct along the way."
― Tim Ferriss
The Daily Job Hunt
Join 125,000+ readers and get a kick in the inbox every morning.