This post originally appeared as a 5-29 Weekend Issue of the Daily Job Hunt email. Sign up for kick-butt career hype in your inbox each morning.
Mindset for Success
Go Deep, Not Wide. Instead of applying 200+ times, find one single company you really love and go above and beyond.Spot gaps in the business you can solve and create a custom solution to prove your skills. Ram that door open!
Allow Yourself To Fail. Reach out to someone new on LinkedIN, cold email a company, blog about what you’re doing publicly. Go do stuff, and see what happens. Failure is the key to success.
Don’t Go Naked. Just like your clothes, your online reputation sends a signal. You will be Googled. So take charge of your online reputation. Work out loud and showcase who you are.
Links worth checking out
- Complete Guide to Interviewing (pdf)
- Why Your Education Doesn’t Matter (4 min article)
- How to Find the Hiring Manager’s Name (article)
- Transferring skills from café to startup with Kasen Wysong (podcast)
- 4 Questions To Always Ask at an Interview (3 min article)
Quote of the Week
“The key to success is failure.”
― Michael Jordan