This post originally appeared as a 4-10 Weekend Issue of the Daily Job Hunt email. Sign up for kick-butt career hype in your inbox each morning.
Mindset for Success
Having a winning mindset on the job hunt is the key. Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
Job hunting is NOT a numbers game: focusing on only a few opportunities, and going above and beyond to win those, yields way better results than spray and pray.
Don't do stuff you hate: don't apply to soul-sucking roles, but learn how to discover opportunities that excite you.
Networking is NOT everything: you can break into great opportunities even if you know nobody at the company.
Links worth checking out
- Get live feedback on your job application/resume (Slack Community)
- How to Discover Great Companies without Jobs Boards (5 min. article)
- How to Create a Great Video Pitch (high-yield resume alternative)
- A Complete Guide to Building Your Career Using Free Work (5 min. article)
- 5 Email Templates for Following Up after No Response (emails)
- 500 new jobs at 500 startups (jobs board)
Quote of the Week
"The problem both for us as a society and as individuals is that we’re asking the wrong question: 'How do I get a job doing that?' What if the better question is: 'How do I create a job doing that?'"
― Taylor Pearson, The End of Jobs
The Daily Job Hunt
Join 125,000+ readers and get a kick in the inbox every morning.