Recapping this week’s DJH
Mindsets for Success
Become an anti-procrastinator
Do the hard things as soon as you can. Usually the hard thing is going to send the most results to you future self.
Be more selfish. Do the hard things first.
Give the Free Sample
Someone just pitched me to start a TikTok channel for Career Hackers.
I had to book a call with her immediately. No questions asked.
Why don’t you do this for your next opportunity? You’ll land interviews left and right.
Links Worth Checking Out
- What We Learned Putting on a 2-day Virtual Event
- Landing a Job at TikTok by sending a TikTok (2 min. video)
- The Dopamine Hit You Didn’t Know You Wanted
- 20+ Resources for Better Pay
Live Workshop! How to Handle Fear (on the job hunt)
Fear is part of life. The question is, how much? Does it paralyze you, or do you see it as a tool to move towards your goals?
How can to handle fear with confidence, allowing you to take action in your life, career, or job hunt?
Register for our live workshop, How to Handle Fear (on the job hunt), Thursday, Dec. 1 at 4:00pm EST.
Do you make less than $40K a year?
Inflation is tough and hitting people hard. Maybe people like you.
So maybe you’re ready to level up, change your career, and bring in more income, but investing in a tech bootcamp is hard to stomach in the short-term.
General Assembly gets that.
A leader in education and career launch for over 10 years, GA has helped transform tens of thousands of careers, and now are offering discounts to individuals who currently earn less than $40,000/year.
If you enroll in their full-time bootcamp between now and January 31, you could be eligible for a major discount on tuition.
Fill out this short form to schedule a call with an Admissions team member and verify your eligibility.
Meme of the Week
Are you growing or are you dying?
The only constant in life is change.
The Law of Non-Permanence.
Energy is either expanding or shrinking, growing or dying.
This applies to each habit in life you have.
You read books everyday? You’re growing.
You scroll mindlessly everyday? You’re dying.
You journal and learn about yourself daily? You’re growing.
You evade and lie to yourself everyday? You’re dying.
You invest $200/month? You’re growing.
You spend beyond your means each month? You’re dying.
The compounding effect works in both directions.
What habits are you choosing?
The Career Hackers Revolution
- Career hacking is about the relentless pursuit of discovering and doing what makes you come alive. Here are the core principles in the Career Hackers Manifesto.
- See two of our top posts: How to Make a Video Pitch and 100 Ways to Work Out Loud, so you can skip the resume and degree and be your own credential.
- Want audio? Head to the Daily Job Hunt Podcast.
- Can’t get enough? Get the DJH Sunday Special for extra mindset juice.