Recapping this week’s DJH
Mindsets for Success
Build Customer Service Skills
I was talking to a new friend recently. He skipped college, and now makes 6-figures.
He credits his career success largely to working at Chick-fil-A in high school, where impeccable customer service is of high priority. He learned to delight customers, build people skills, and the joy of win-win in business.
Take Action Haiku
Go and take action
Don’t consume more, just create
Will you, just will you?
Launch into a New Career (it’s easier than you think)
Did you like to draw as a kid? Maybe it’s time to reconnect with that, by designing digital products via a career in UX/UI!
Getting started may be easier than you think…
No matter what professional experience you have so far in your career, you’ve already built valuable soft skills to enrich your UX/UI career.
The next step: empower yourself to learn new hard skills! UX Academy by Designlab will guide you.
With flexible hours and proven results, Designlab offers a learning path to help you reach your new career goals:
- Fully online, async learning experience
- 1:1 mentorship with an experienced designer
- No design experience needed—Designlab offers a prerequisite course to help you gain foundational design skills to prep for UX Academy
- You can get started with the UX Academy Foundations course at just 10 hours a week for 8 weeks
- 1765 graduates hired
- You can book a call with admissions to answer any questions you have
Links Worth Checking Out
- How to Navigate a Career Change and Find a Job in a New Industry.
- Y Combinator Job Board
- Copywriter role at Coaching.com
Meme of the Week
How to Build Confidence in Video Pitching
Some people say, “I’m camera shy, I don’t want to send a video pitch.”
Or, “Video pitching feels uncomfortable, I don’t feel like doing it.”
It’s a new skill! You’ve never done it before.
Just like when you first tied your shoes, took your first step, or went on your first date.
You were not comfortable and confident, because you were just getting going.
It’s that growth mindset that’s crucial to become an empowered person in your career, and get into the pitch mindset.
It’s key to just get started.
When you send that first video pitch, you’ll be digging a groove, i.e. the neural pathways will begin to establish a new skill.
The more you do it, the better you’ll get at it. And the more fun you may have!
Invest in yourself.
Leave the comfort zone.
Send your first video pitch.
and the DJH Team
The Career Hackers Revolution
- Career hacking is about the relentless pursuit of discovering and doing what makes you come alive. Here are the core principles in the Career Hackers Manifesto.
- See two of our top posts: How to Make a Video Pitch and 100 Ways to Work Out Loud, so you can skip the resume and degree and be your own credential. See more on the Start Here page.
- Follow us on Twitter
- Follow Joel on LinkedIn
- Want audio? Head to the Daily Job Hunt Podcast.