Recapping this week’s DJH
Mindsets for Success
Go the Extra Mile
What if you went the extra mile in your job?
- Create an extra project no one assigned you to
- Go out of your way to build social capital with a colleague
- Mock up a new website design
- Write a blog post about why you enjoy working at your company
You might say, “what’s the point of doing extra work?”
To that I say, “what new level of fulfillment will you feel by creating value without permission?”
Make a TikTok
What if you made a little fun and creative TikTok video to pitch yourself for a job opp?
I promise it’s 1,000,000 times better than applying to a job the normal way.
Links Worth Checking Out
- 100 Ways to Work Out Loud
- It’s Not Your Job to Tell Yourself “No.”
- Remote customer support specialist role at Glowforge
Quote of the Week
“Self-love has very little to do with how you feel about your outer self. It’s about accepting all of yourself.”
– Tyra Banks
Putting Yourself Out There
Coming alive in your life and career, and embodying the Career Hackers approach of boldness, pitching, and owning your reputation (Me, Inc.), all comes down to an essential psychological trait:
Be willing to put yourself out there.
This means being willing:
– to be vulnerable
– to risk rejection
– to risk others judging you
– to stand out from the crowd
– to break the rules
– to share your Authentic Self
– to sell and own your strengths
– to own your self-worth
This is why the CH revolution isn’t just about the “how-to” of tips and techniques to effectively grow a career.
It’s about the inner game.
There’s no way around this.
It takes guts to listen to your soul and to pursue what makes you come alive.
Most people aren’t doing it, (yet).
But you, you have an itch, deep down, an inner knowing and desire to become who you were meant to become.
How do I know that? Because you read this far down.
Never give up.
Put yourself out there.
Nothing else matters more than your happiness.
and the DJH Team
The Career Hackers Revolution
- Career hacking is about the relentless pursuit of discovering and doing what makes you come alive. Here are the core principles in the Career Hackers Manifesto.
- See two of our top posts: How to Make a Video Pitch and 100 Ways to Work Out Loud, so you can skip the resume and degree and be your own credential. See more on the Start Here page.
- Follow us on Twitter
- Follow Joel on LinkedIn
- Want audio? Head to the Daily Job Hunt Podcast.