DJH: you're the average of the people you hang around
Recapping this week's DJH
Mindsets for Success
Levels of a Value Creation
There are different levels of unstoppable, 21st century value creation and job hunting.
Level 1: pitch deck
Level 2: above, plus custom pitch video for one opportunity
Level 3: above, plus custom project
Level 4: above, plus detailed value proposition
Level 5: above, plus offering to work for free
There's no "right way" to job hunt. Just choices, cause and effect.
What will you do today?
Excellence is a Habit
What type of person do you choose to become?
Your daily habits will show you.
Choose to value excellence in all you do, and follow through on it, with integrity.
Links Worth Checking Out
- Missing from your job description (Seth Godin)
- The creator economy is growing (LinkedIn post)
- How to Bounce Back When You're Laid Off (Office Hours Podcast)
Tweet of the Week
You Are the Average of the People You Hang Around
You're probably aware that "you're the average of the 5 people you hang around most."
The question is...do you truly let this idea sink in, and apply any needed action to your life?
It's easy to quickly dismiss this type of aphorism, and say "yeah yeah, that's true, maybe one day I'll have the difficult conversation with the friend that's holding me back."
And then you never do it.
And the years go by, and your energy is pulled down, rather than uplifted.
You want to surround yourself with people who uplift you, who share your growth trajectory, who support your Authentic Self, who challenge you.
Do you need to take a close audit of this area of your life?
It may be uncomfortable....but I believe in you. Hug the cactus.
and the DJH Team
The Career Hackers Revolution
- Career hacking is about the relentless pursuit of discovering and doing what makes you come alive. Here are the core principles in the Career Hackers Manifesto.
- See two of our top posts: How to Make a Video Pitch and 100 Ways to Work Out Loud, so you can skip the resume and degree and be your own credential. See more on the Start Here page.
- Follow us on Twitter
- Follow Joel on LinkedIn
- Want audio? Head to the Daily Job Hunt Podcast.
The Daily Job Hunt
Join 125,000+ readers and get a kick in the inbox every morning.