Recapping this week’s DJH
Mindsets for Success
Action Breeds Motivation
No need to wait for inspiration or motivation.
When you start with action, the motivation comes AFTER.
Many people start climbing one mountain (a career path), get two-thirds of the way up, and then realize they don’t even like the mountain.
And the view at the top won’t be much better.
At this point, you have a couple choices:
If you choose option #1, this will mean you are choosing to reinvent yourself.
It will mean starting over in a sense, which might feel hard.
But it’s also setting you up for a joyous future.
You don’t want to wake up 5, 10, or 20 years from now and regret not having started over earlier.
You have one life. Follow your bliss.
Links Worth Checking Out
- How to Land a Remote Job With a Video Pitch
- How to Unleash the Power of a Value Creation Mindset
- Guide to Cover Letters
Quote of the Week
“Just trust yourself, then you will know how to live.”
— Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
It Will Get Better
Are you going through a rough time right now?
Ride the wave. For the tide will come in before long.
It’s simply a matter of time.
You’re not “stuck,” because “stuck” doesn’t exist.
The universe is always changing and evolving.
This includes your rough situation.
This doesn’t mean taking action isn’t essential as well, it’s just invites you to realize that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Your situation can and will change, if you are patient.
I remember when I was going through my career change, trying to leave a job I hated and break into startups.
I felt lots of undesirable feelings. Plenty of tears were shed.
But I knew that moving with resilience through this time period would serve my future self.
I kept on showing up and moving forward each day, doing the unsexy tasks when no one else was watching.
You have the power to choose your attitude in any given set of circumstances.
Befriend yourself, love yourself, empower yourself.
You got this.
and the DJH Team
The Career Hackers Revolution
- Career hacking is about the relentless pursuit of discovering and doing what makes you come alive. Here are the core principles in the Career Hackers Manifesto.
- See two of our top posts: How to Make a Video Pitch and 100 Ways to Work Out Loud, so you can skip the resume and degree and be your own credential. See more on the Start Here page.
- Follow us on Twitter
- Follow Joel on LinkedIn
- Want audio? Head to the Daily Job Hunt Podcast.