Recapping this week’s DJH
Mindsets for Success
3 Day Blogging Challenge
What if you started a blog and did a mini-challenge, blogging 3 days in a row?
We usually recommend 30, but what if you focused on the “art of the start,” and just got your first three posts in?
This will start to build your brand and your creative muscle.
Sphere of Control
No matter what the world is doing, no matter your external situation, you have the power and potential to focus on that which you can control.
Personal and Professional Growth.
Links Worth Checking Out
- The Slight Edge Mentality (video on making progress)
- Stop Waiting for Perfect
- Remote Work Junkie (job board and career advice site)
- How A Couple Casual Conversations Led Me To A $240k Per Year Client Deal
- Human Liberation (book a free coaching call, to clear negative beliefs for good)
Quote of the Week
“Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.”
Stop Applying for Jobs
The biggest mistake job hunters make is applying to too many jobs.
I get it, you want to “increase your chances” of landing something, by putting more balls in the air.
But what if you are really shooting yourself in the foot?
The key to land an opportunity is to play a different game than everyone else.
Maybe that means putting your eggs in 1 basket.
And it means going beyond “applying” altogether.
“Applying” implies that you submit something then wait to see if you get picked.
Be so good they can’t ignore you.
Say, “Hey! I went ahead and made you this SEO analysis. You could fix A, B, and C.”
Even if you’re off the mark with your value prop, you still SIGNAL that you’re the type of person that creates value without permission.
Companies crave this, like a monkey craves a banana.
and the DJH Team
The Career Hackers Revolution
- Career hacking is about the relentless pursuit of discovering and doing what makes you come alive. Here are the core principles in the Career Hackers Manifesto.
- See two of our top posts: How to Make a Video Pitch and 100 Ways to Work Out Loud, so you can skip the resume and degree and be your own credential. See more on the Start Here page.
- Want audio? Head to the Daily Job Hunt Podcast.