Recapping this week’s DJH
Mindsets for Success
Creating Is Healing
Most of us got creatively wounded going through K-12 school:
- do mandatory assignments
- suppression of emotions and opinions
- little time for play
We got hammered with these messages for 12 years…. so how do we return to our whole, creative selves? Just start creating, e.g. write a blog post, start an Etsy business, or build a pitch deck for a company,
As you create, you’ll want to create more!
Busyness vs. Effectiveness
Busyness is no virtue, but effectiveness is. Work smart!
Links Worth Checking Out
- Foundation to Core Course with Springboard (use code CAREERHACKERSSB for $500 off)
- Craft (to research companies before pitching them)
- What are soft skills?
- 10 Ways to Build Your Personal Brand (CH post)
- Top Notch Interview Tips (twitter thread)
Quote of the Week
“Stop managing your time. Start managing your focus.”
— Robin Sharma
How to Make a Video Pitch – Live Workshop
Sick of sending resumes? Tired of never hearing back, or getting ghosted? It’s time for a NEW approach to job hunting. Enter the video pitch, where you can cut through the noise and 10x your interview rate. At this Career Hackers live workshop, Jan. 12 4pm EST, learn the do’s and don’ts of how to make and send a video pitch, and get hired faster.
Growth Is Invisible
You probably get a haircut every month or so.
But do you ever “see” your hair grow in any given moment?
Of course not. It’s so gradual that it’s invisible.
Same with your lawn, your kid’s height, or your biceps.
And your personal and professional growth, too!
Like all growth, personal/professional growth happens over time, so invite yourself to trust the process.
Whether it’s learning to assert yourself, learning to write better, gaining competence at sales or marketing, gaining confidence at cold-emailing, or building skills in coding, none of it happens instantly.
But in today’s hyper-fast world, it can be hard to wait for results. (Trust me, as a millennial, parts of me still expect instant gratification….).
But learning the art of patience will serve you in your life, your job hunt, and your career.
Focus on what is in front of you, and trust that the harvest will come.
and the DJH Team
The Career Hackers Revolution
- Career hacking is about the relentless pursuit of discovering and doing what makes you come alive. Here are the core principles in the Career Hackers Manifesto.
- Keep the convo going. Follow us on TikTok, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Tired of getting ghosted on your job hunt? Our friend David just built a step-by-step course on how to land a 90% response rate for your job applications – the 6 Figure Video Resume. Use code CareerHackers for a whopping 50% off!
- Sick and tired of your negative self-talk? Sign up for a free trial of 1-1 coaching.
- See two of our top posts: How to Make a Video Pitch and 100 Ways to Work Out Loud, so you can skip the resume and degree and be your own credential.
- Want audio? Head to the Daily Job Hunt Podcast.
- Can’t get enough? Get the DJH Sunday Special for extra mindset juice.