“I Did” vs. “We Should”
If you want to make a change in the work place, act without permission.
Tell your team, “I did this.”
Avoiding saying “We should do this.”
Just start building and creating.
Are you ready to enter the world of UX/UI design?
UX/UI design is a growing, in-demand field where you can advance your design career and earn a lucrative income—all while making an impact on the products and world around you.
Join industry-leading UX Academy from Designlab to get the skills and support you need to take your career to the next level.
In addition to personalized 1:1 mentorship throughout the program, you’ll also receive:
- A completed portfolio with 4 unique capstone projects (show don’t tell, right?)
- Lifetime access to a network of mentors and UX designers
- Actionable insights, feedback, and career support
With both part-time and full-time tracks available, UX Academy offers a fully online, async learning environment … designed to work with *your* current schedule.
Designlab has helped more than 1750 people transform their careers…will you be next?If you’re ready to pursue a more fulfilling career in UX/UI design, why wait? Get started today.
The Tighter the (self-imposed) Constraint, the More Freeing
We talk about creating constraints like 30-day blog challenge to activate creativity. But you can go even tighter in your constraints, e.g. give yourself only 3 minutes a day to write the blog post.
You’ll be surprised how much you can do generate ideas.
Quote of the Day
“Be an encourager, the world has enough critics already.”
The Career Hackers Revolution
- Career hacking is about the relentless pursuit of discovering and doing what makes you come alive. Here are the core principles in the Career Hackers Manifesto.
- See two of our top posts: How to Make a Video Pitch and 100 Ways to Work Out Loud, so you can skip the resume and degree and be your own credential.
- Follow us on Twitter
- Follow Joel on LinkedIn
- Want audio? Head to the Daily Job Hunt Podcast.