Here are stories I’ve heard about people landing job interviews by being different:
- a video doing a backflip off a trampoline
- a video shooting a halfcourt shot
- a video jumping out of an airplane
- sending a burrito to the CEO
- sending a physical book with a URL to a video pitch in a note
- TikTok video
- crashing a company party
These may seem “too bold” for you. “I’m not like that,” you may say to yourself.
But why not let go of those stories?
Why fit in when you were born to stand out?
Should I Switch Careers to Pursue My Dream?
Quote of the Day
“Everything you want in life has a price connected to it. There’s a price to pay if you want to make things better, a price to pay just for leaving things as they are, a price for everything.”
— Harry Browne
The Career Hackers Revolution
- Career hacking is about the relentless pursuit of discovering and doing what makes you come alive. Here are the core principles in the Career Hackers Manifesto.
- See two of our top posts: How to Make a Video Pitch and 100 Ways to Work Out Loud, so you can skip the resume and degree and be your own credential. See more on the Start Here page.
- Follow us on Twitter
- Follow Joel on LinkedIn
- Want audio? Head to the Daily Job Hunt Podcast.