How to Stand Out on the Job Hunt in 2023
FYI I’m leading a webinar today at 2pm EDT, on How to Stand Out on the Job Hunt in 2023.
But…it’s sold out! Don’t worry, we’ll have more to come soon. Looking forward to supporting you!
Make a TikTok
What if you made a little fun and creative TikTok video to pitch yourself for a job opp?
I promise it’s 1,000,000 times better than applying to a job the normal way.
Customer Support Role at Glowforge
Here’s one way to pitch this role.
1) Don’t worry about the job description or if “you’re qualified enough.” Assume you are.
2) Do 30 minutes of research on the company and figure out why you like them.
3) Draft a 30 second pitch video saying why you love them and why you’d be an awesome. Tell a story or share a quick past accomplishment, showing your skills in solving problems/empathy/listening.
4) Create a mock project. E.g. look at their negative customer reviews and send a sample of what you would say in response to that customer, to prove your communication skills. Learn more here.
5) Email your pitch/project straight to a human. Use Hunter.io to find their email address. Also can email email@example.com.
6) Follow up every 2-3 days until you get a reply.
If you try this approach you will very likely land an interview.
Worst case scenario, you will become a more empowered version of yourself.
Will you do it?
Quote of the Day
“Let the ‘why not’ philosophy be your life principle!”
― Mehmet Murat ildan
The Career Hackers Revolution
- Career hacking is about the relentless pursuit of discovering and doing what makes you come alive. Here are the core principles in the Career Hackers Manifesto.
- See two of our top posts: How to Make a Video Pitch and 100 Ways to Work Out Loud, so you can skip the resume and degree and be your own credential. See more on the Start Here page.
- Follow us on Twitter
- Follow Joel on LinkedIn
- Want audio? Head to the Daily Job Hunt Podcast.