Make People’s Lives Easier
The value creation mindset means going above and beyond to make other people’s lives easier and better, be it a colleague or a customer or a company.
– Organize the google drive without asking
– Send weekly updates to your supervisor without him/her asking
– Be zealous about details
– Send companies gifts when on the job hunt
P.S. There’s no “should” about this mindset. It feels good to be like this!
CH Classic: Why Bother Having a Resume?
21st century value creators don’t use resumes, they use their reputation.
Will you do what “everyone else” is doing, or rise above and showcase your magnificent Self?
For you ARE magnificent.
Read more in this CH Classic via Seth Godin.
Quote of the Day
“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.”
— Mahatma Gandhi
The Career Hackers Revolution
- Career hacking is about the relentless pursuit of discovering and doing what makes you come alive. Here are the core principles in the Career Hackers Manifesto.
- See two of our top posts: How to Make a Video Pitch and 100 Ways to Work Out Loud, so you can skip the resume and degree and be your own credential. See more on the Start Here page.
- Follow us on Twitter
- Follow Joel on LinkedIn
- Want audio? Head to the Daily Job Hunt Podcast.