How to Build Social Capital
Social capital means doing little and big things like:
Do favors for people
Ask people interesting questions
Be honest and trustworthy
Listen and be present for people
Send a handwritten thank you note
Write a blog post about why you love a company
Share or comment on a post on LinkedIn
Do a project for a company
Call someone rather than text
Offer to buy lunch
Send a weekly update to your supervisor/team
Be fun to be around
How to Stand Out for a Customer Success Role in 2023
Carly Agar is an all-star job search coach who is giving out 3 days of live sessions on How to Stand Out for a Customer Success Role in 2023, coming up in May.
In today’s crowded market, it’s key to rise above the masses and showcase yourself!
And if you’re looking for a career change, a role in Customer Success is a great place to start!
Missing from your job description
Going above and beyond at work is an option you have to not only create tons of value, but to feel more fulfilled.
Read more from Seth Godin in Missing from your job description.
“Here are some of the checklist items that might have been omitted:
- Add energy to every conversation
- Ask why
- Find obsolete things on your task list and remove them
- Treat customers better than they expect
- Offer to help co-workers before they ask….”
Quote of the Day
“Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.”
— Zig Ziglar
The Career Hackers Revolution
- Career hacking is about the relentless pursuit of discovering and doing what makes you come alive. Here are the core principles in the Career Hackers Manifesto.
- See two of our top posts: How to Make a Video Pitch and 100 Ways to Work Out Loud, so you can skip the resume and degree and be your own credential. See more on the Start Here page.
- Follow us on Twitter
- Follow Joel on LinkedIn
- Want audio? Head to the Daily Job Hunt Podcast.