DJH 516: purpose
Live with Purpose
You get to choose if you will live with purpose.
That doesn't mean you need to instantly determine your One Life's Purpose.
But it does mean you get to be the predominant creative force in your own life, which might look like:
- Choosing what you do first thing in the morning, and to plan your day
- Doing deep work to build meaningful projects or learn new skills
- Saying no as needed
- Investing in yourself
- Knowing opportunity costs of each decision
Bottom line: will you create your life, or will you let it just happen to you?
Feeling stuck in your job hunt or career?
For a short time we're giving out 1 hour coaching calls with our new project, Human Liberation, for just $1.
Hop on a call with me, and I'll pump you up with tips and advice on your career, and through a revolutionary new method, free you of deeper mindset hurdles.
This deep work is for anyone at any stage of their career. I showed the method to sales influencer Scott Leese, and he said, "....cannot speak highly enough about the experience."
Reasons to read "Don't Do Stuff You Hate"
You don't need to immediately figure out your One True Calling for your career.
Just don't do stuff you hate. Exit the things that suck first.
Read more in this new post from Waris, reviewing the book Don't Do Stuff You Hate.
"When you commit to not doing stuff you hate, you are making a profound statement about your relationship to life. You are saying that you value your time and energy and will only spend it on things that matter to you. You are taking responsibility for your own happiness and well-being, rather than expecting someone else to provide it for you."
Quote of the Day
"If you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone else's plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much."
The Career Hackers Revolution
- Career hacking is about the relentless pursuit of discovering and doing what makes you come alive. Here are the core principles in the Career Hackers Manifesto.
- See two of our top posts: How to Make a Video Pitch and 100 Ways to Work Out Loud, so you can skip the resume and degree and be your own credential. See more on the Start Here page.
- Want audio? Head to the Daily Job Hunt Podcast.
The Daily Job Hunt
Join 125,000+ readers and get a kick in the inbox every morning.