DJH 508: send a second pitch?
Send a Second Pitch
There are no rules to job hunting. No rules!
Just choices, and cause and effect.
So, will you take the lead at each step of the hiring process?
Send a pitch to land the interview, then steer the interview to show your value, and after send a thank you note right away.
After that, don't just wait. You can send a send second pitch - use an app like Loom - telling them how much you enjoyed the interview, what you learned, and that you'd love to continue to create value.
Don't stop there.
Send a blog post about why you love them, reach out to employees at the company and build rapport, and maybe make a custom project.
Be so good they can't ignore you.
*Become a Coder | $0 Tuition Until You’re Hired
Modern life can no doubt be stressful, demanding, and draining, especially if you’re supporting a family.
But does that mean you need to ignore your own goals and dreams?
What attitude will you choose?
A woman named Danielle chose one of empowerment. To change careers into tech, she started the BloomTech program as a parent, watching the kids during the day and learning data science part-time in the evenings. She said,
“Anyone can be part of the program, no matter whether they have kids, or if coming in with no experience at all….Your kids and your family see what you’re doing, and [it’s so great] to be able to set that example that you can make that change....I’m so grateful to BloomTech.”
With BloomTech, you can break into tech with a world-class, proven support system.
- No tuition until you’re hired (terms apply)
- Gain the skills employers want—no fluff
- Build your portfolio with real projects for real clients
- Take a test drive with a 3-week free trial
This epic playlist of daily videos from our friends at Praxis (the company out of which we grew), is a great way to start your day to fuel your career mindset.
Quote of the Day
“It was in this moment I truly realized that success for me isn’t going to happen by hoping my managers pay me 'what I’m worth,' but rather it will happen when I choose to love myself enough to create options.”
― Ashley Stahl, career coach
The Career Hackers Revolution
- Career hacking is about the relentless pursuit of discovering and doing what makes you come alive. Here are the core principles in the Career Hackers Manifesto.
- See two of our top posts: How to Make a Video Pitch and 100 Ways to Work Out Loud, so you can skip the resume and degree and be your own credential. See more on the Start Here page.
- Want audio? Head to the Daily Job Hunt Podcast.
The Daily Job Hunt
Join 125,000+ readers and get a kick in the inbox every morning.