DJH 497: 7 tips for a bigger salary
Follow Your Dreams as Personal Alchemy
Follow your dreams not just to achieve them, but to become a new, more actualized version of yourself.
Grow, learn, discover who you are.
Even if you "fail," you will still have succeeded in the tasks of wholeheartedly pursuing that which makes you come alive.
Will you start to see this as a key element of Your One Life?
Go beyond what's comfortable and secure. Dare to live a great story.
(P.S. Read The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho and you'll get this)
*Become a Coder | $0 Tuition Until You’re Hired
Modern life can no doubt be stressful, demanding, and draining, especially if you’re supporting a family.
But does that mean you need to ignore your own goals and dreams?
What attitude will you choose?
A woman named Danielle chose one of empowerment. To change careers into tech, she started the BloomTech program as a parent, watching the kids during the day and learning data science part-time in the evenings. She said,
“Anyone can be part of the program, no matter whether they have kids, or if coming in with no experience at all….Your kids and your family see what you’re doing, and [it’s so great] to be able to set that example that you can make that change....I’m so grateful to BloomTech.”
With BloomTech, you can break into tech with a world-class, proven support system.
- No tuition until you’re hired (terms apply)
- Gain the skills employers want—no fluff
- Build your portfolio with real projects for real clients
- Take a test drive with a 3-week free trial
CH Classic: How to Negotiate Your Salary
Negotiating your salary can be unpleasant, but it's crucial not to make mistakes during this part of your job interview.
Here are 7 tips from this CH Classic.
"It's a fact that 68% of those who didn't negotiate later regretted it and 43% of people didn't do it."
Quote of the Day
“If you change nothing, nothing will change.”
The Career Hackers Revolution
- Career hacking is about the relentless pursuit of discovering and doing what makes you come alive. Here are the core principles in the Career Hackers Manifesto.
- See two of our top posts: How to Make a Video Pitch and 100 Ways to Work Out Loud, so you can skip the resume and degree and be your own credential.
- Want audio? Head to the Daily Job Hunt Podcast.
The Daily Job Hunt
Join 125,000+ readers and get a kick in the inbox every morning.