DJH 496: got character?
We're Working for Free (for you)
Feeling stuck in your job hunt or career?
For a short time we're working for free, giving out 1 hour coaching calls with our new project, Human Liberation.
Hop on a call with me, and I'll pump you up with tips and advice on your career, and through a revolutionary new method, free you of deeper mindset hurdles. :)
This work is for anyone at any stage of their career. I showed the method to sales influencer Scott Leese, and he said, "spent 30 minutes with Joel and cannot speak highly enough about the experience. Everyone wanting to work on themselves should try his methods."
What is Character?
Character is what you do when no one else is watching.
No one else but you, that is.
Will you do the little things that add up to big results, even if they're not fun?
*Become a Coder | $0 Tuition Until You’re Hired
You don’t need a college degree to get a big paycheck.
You just need the skills.
That’s what BloomTech can do for you—fast: get the skills employers need to get the future you want.
BloomTech is so sure about this that they’ll pay YOU if you don’t get a job - guaranteed (terms apply).
Since 2017, over 4,000 BloomTech grads have launched their tech career. Just read these testimonials:
“....the greatest decision I’ve ever made in my life.”
“The BloomTech alumni really came in clutch during my job search phase.”
“Before I started BloomTech, I was making just over $20K a year, and now I'm in the six-figure club.”
“My earning potential is now vastly improved.”
“I’m almost making 3X what I was making before.”
“BloomTech made me realize that I have the potential to do really interesting and fascinating things.”
On top of that, you can take a test-drive with a 3-week free trial. Write code with experts live, get coaching + support, and build cool projects. Just fill out a short application, do a short assessment, and you can start the trial all in the same day.
Pitch a Sales Job
Sales is about mindset not, credentials. Anyone can empower themselves to pitch and land a sales role with:
- a video pitch
- mock project like list of leads
- proof of desire to learn
With that in mind, find sales jobs here at Hire Sales Talent.
CH Classics: 8 Alternatives to College
Instead of school or college, what if you got creative and imaginative?
You can. No one is stopping you but yourself.
Glean inspo from this CH Classic via James Altucher, 8 Alternatives to College.
What do you learn when you are young and start a business (regardless of success or failure):
- you learn how to come up with ideas that will be accepted by other people
- you begin to build your bullshit detector (something that definitely does not happen in college)
- you learn how to sell your idea
- you learn how to build and execute on an idea
- you meet and socialize with other people in your space. They might not all be the same age but, let's face it, thats life as an adult. You just spent 18 years with kids your age. Grow up!
- you might learn how to delegate and manage people
- you learn how to eat what you kill, a skill also not learned by college-goers
Quote of the Day
"Always have an attitude of gratitude."
— Sterling K. Brown
The Career Hackers Revolution
- Career hacking is about the relentless pursuit of discovering and doing what makes you come alive. Here are the core principles in the Career Hackers Manifesto.
- See two of our top posts: How to Make a Video Pitch and 100 Ways to Work Out Loud, so you can skip the resume and degree and be your own credential.
- Want audio? Head to the Daily Job Hunt Podcast.
The Daily Job Hunt
Join 125,000+ readers and get a kick in the inbox every morning.