This post originally appeared as issue 48 of the Daily Job Hunt email. Sign up for kick-butt career hype in your inbox each morning.
A key distinction
Maybe you are a good person. Your mom loves you no matter what, even if you are unemployed. You have real self-esteem.
That's great, but it doesn't mean you are valuable to a company.
What skills do you have? What value can you create for others?
Start with self-love, but don't confuse it for market value.
How to Get a Sales Job
1. Research the company a bit
2. Show your hunger. Create a list of 50, 10, even 5 new leads for the company
3. Maybe build a sample sales sequence
4. Make a 1 minute video pitch
5. Send the pitch via email
6. Follow up (like a sales person would) until you hear back
Learn more with this 4 minute article, How to Get a Sales Job at a Startup.
Quote of the Day
“If more information was the answer, then we'd all be billionaires with perfect abs.”
― Derek Sivers
The Daily Job Hunt
Join 200,000+ readers and get a kick in the inbox every morning.