Self-Worth does not equal Market Worth
Even if you are living on the streets with no income, you are worthy of love, happiness, and all the things.
Your self-worth has nothing to do with your ability to create value in the marketplace.
When you realize this, you build a foundation of inner security. You build a fresh ice rink on which to skate.
No matter how many fancy ice-skating moves you do, or how many times you fall on your face, the ice rink below ain’t going anywhere. 🙂
Joining a Startup for the First Time? 30 Actionable Tips From Folks Who’ve Been There
Thriving and creating value at a startup means taking radical ownership and proactive, solution-oriented initiative.
Here are 30 mindset tips from people who’ve been there before.
“Relentlessly prioritize to avoid the wrong high-quality work….’Communicate clearly and regularly, especially these two items: 1) What you understand to be the current highest priority project and focus area, and 2) What you are currently working on.'”
*Geraldo Gomes: From Oil Rig Operator to Coder
Geraldo was in a stressful career in the oil industry, working on a big drill ship, for months at a time.
With this experience he wasn’t sure he could find a new career path.
But then he heard about Springboard, where you can learn new skills, get mentorship and coaching, and begin a whole new chapter of your life.
After diving into the Foundations to Core course in web development, in about a year, Geraldo was working at an excellent role at a firm, providing for his family (sans oil rig)!
The average Springboard grad increases their salary by $26,559.
As a Springboard full-stack web development bootcamp student, you can expect
- Job guarantee – land a job or get your money back
- Flexible schedule – 100% online, self-paced
- Mentorship from an experienced full stack software developer
Apply now. Use code CAREERHACKERSSB for $500 off tuition.
“Learning with Springboard was really fun. I never felt like I was in a position where I didn’t have the tools to learn something.”
– Geraldo Gomes
Quote of the Day
“Your most important sale is to sell yourself to yourself.”
— Maxwell Maltz
Supercharge Your Career – Live Virtual Event – Feb. 9
Bulletproof your career mindset. Feel energized with top thought leaders like Ken Coleman, Gorick Ng, and Julia Korn.
The Career Hackers Revolution
- Career hacking is about the relentless pursuit of discovering and doing what makes you come alive. Here are the core principles in the Career Hackers Manifesto.
- See two of our top posts: How to Make a Video Pitch and 100 Ways to Work Out Loud, so you can skip the resume and degree and be your own credential.
- Follow us on TikTok, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Sick and tired of your negative self-talk? Sign up for a free trial of 1-1 coaching.
- Want audio? Head to the Daily Job Hunt Podcast.