DJH 468: how do I impress the interviewer?
Listen to the Voices
Your hear those worried thoughts and self-doubting voices?
They are voices. But they are not The Real You.
Just observe them for a minute.
Then let them pass.
Listen to the voices in your head. Just don't believe them!
What's The Best Way to Impress the Interviewer?
Your interview is a chance to make a stellar impression. Will you capitalize on it?
Take a peak at this storyful piece on What's the Best Way to Impress the Interviewer?
"Another thing I’m impressed by is when someone’s done their research on my company beforehand. If they read a blog article and point that out, they’ll stick in my mind because they cared enough about my company to look at my website.”
*Go from Beginner to Web Developer (with job guarantee)
Walt Disney was right - you can do anything you put your mind to.
That means if you grew up in poverty, you can become wealthy.
That means with no college degree, you can break into a tech career.
And it means with Springboard’s Foundations to Core course, in only 11 months part-time, you can become a professional web developer with absolutely no prior knowledge.
Oh and you’re guaranteed a job or your money back.
As a Springboard full-stack web development bootcamp student, you can expect
- Job guarantee - land a job or get your money back
- Flexible schedule - 100% online, self-paced
- Mentorship from an experienced full stack software developer
Over 40% of Springboard software engineering students do not hold a college degree. And the average grad increases their salary by $26,559.
Cohort spots are filling up.
Apply now. Use code CAREERHACKERSSB for $500 off tuition.
“Learning with Springboard was really fun. I never felt like I was in a position where I didn't have the tools to learn something.”
- Geraldo Gomes
5 tips for improving your writing online
Writing online is one of the best ways to build a brand, build a portfolio, and communicate your value to others.
Here are 5 tips for improving your writing online.
"The volume of your work is greater than the quality of your work. And as Tim says, 'your writing is good enough. It will become great the more you publish”. Quality will increase gradually. Show up every day to build trust and it will compound to build an audience."
Quote of the Day
“Do you live in a mine field or a garden? When we live in a minefield mentality, we explode with the weeds of worry, doubt, fear, lack and limitation. Choose to cultivate your inner garden!”
– Michael Bernard Beckwith
The Career Hackers Revolution
- Career hacking is about the relentless pursuit of discovering and doing what makes you come alive. Here are the core principles in the Career Hackers Manifesto.
- See two of our top posts: How to Make a Video Pitch and 100 Ways to Work Out Loud, so you can skip the resume and degree and be your own credential.
- Follow us on TikTok, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Sick and tired of your negative self-talk? Sign up for a free trial of 1-1 coaching.
- Want audio? Head to the Daily Job Hunt Podcast.
- Tired of getting ghosted on your job hunt? Our friend David used Video Resumes to land his last two jobs and double his salary in one yea. He's just written an eBook that tells how he did it and ways that anyone can use a video resume to get their next job. You can get 50% off this eBook with the code: CareerHackers
The Daily Job Hunt
Join 125,000+ readers and get a kick in the inbox every morning.