DJH 465: want a remote startup job?
Time is On Your Side
Hey dear reader, thanks for being here.
Now remember.... no matter your goals, it's okay if you're not seeing results immediately.
Time is on your side.
Allow the seeds you plant to take root. Cultivate them. Then the harvest will come.
Believe it. Trust. Allow it to happen.
Remote Startup Jobs
There are plenty of awesome, entry-level startup jobs out there, if you want to break into tech.
Here's a current list from Indeed.
But don't click apply and hope!
Create value and make your job hunt a sales campaign! Send a video pitch, create a mock project, email the hiring manager directly, and follow up.
And "startup" is anything special other than a fast growing company! You don't need a background in tech. For example, you could dive into customer support role by pitching yourself on your soft skills of communication and listening.
4 skills for growth in 2023
The world is exponentially changing. So being adaptable and willing to learn new skills is key.
Here are 4 skills for growth in 2023.
"..by 2025, 40% of core skills will have changed and more than half of all employees will need reskilling. Additionally, 94% of business leaders expect employees to learn new skills on the job."
Quote of the Day
“The journey starts with a single step—not with thinking about taking a step.”
— Jeff Olson
Tweet of the Day (bonus!)
The Career Hackers Revolution
- Career hacking is about the relentless pursuit of discovering and doing what makes you come alive. Here are the core principles in the Career Hackers Manifesto.
- Keep the convo going. Follow us on TikTok, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Sick and tired of your negative self-talk? Sign up for a free trial of 1-1 coaching.
- Tired of getting ghosted on your job hunt? Our friend David used Video Resumes to land his last two jobs and double his salary in one year! He's just written an eBook that tells how he did it and ways that anyone can use a video resume to get their next job. There are some valuable tips and examples for anyone who wants to start creating video resumes. You can get 50% off this eBook with the code: CareerHackers
- See two of our top posts: How to Make a Video Pitch and 100 Ways to Work Out Loud, so you can skip the resume and degree and be your own credential.
- Want audio? Head to the Daily Job Hunt Podcast.
- Can't get enough? Get the DJH Sunday Special for extra mindset juice.
The Daily Job Hunt
Join 125,000+ readers and get a kick in the inbox every morning.