Don’t Follow Your Passion (follow your curiosity)
“Follow your passion” is good advice for only a small number of people.
Most people need time to figure out what that passion truly is.
A less daunting approach is to follow your curiosity. Just go down a rabbit trail that tickles your interests. And trust that you can build a thriving life by expanding and compounding that curiosity, over time.
*Are you Part of the Education Revolution?
Listen, my friends, Career Hackers is about way more than careers, it’s about new education paradigms.
Instead of relying on the old system of degrees – showing up to class, GPA’s, and checking the boxes – we focus on learning what you’re interested in, and building real-world skills.
That’s why I really believe in the Springboard mission to transform one million lives through education by 2030.
They are part of the revolution in education and career launch.
So if you’re feeling fed up with your current job, grinding it out like a cog-in-a-wheel, think about investing in a new career that follows your interests.
If you’re curious to learn to code, then follow that natural interest!
Springboard will help with their Foundations to Core course, that includes job guarantee and 1-1 support!
Learn more and apply now. Use code CAREERHACKERSSB for $500 off.
“Springboard provides a lot of support. I felt really supported by my mentor and all the teaching assistants. Everybody is super knowledgeable, and I could ask them a question any time.”
— Julia Ayres
How to Think Outside the Box
Thinking outside the box is key to land a job. Here’s how Max Fosh landed a dream job by doing just that. You don’t need to be as extreme as Max – you just need to take inspiration from him!
How to Make a Video Pitch – Live Workshop
Sick of sending resumes? Tired of never hearing back, or getting ghosted? It’s time for a NEW approach to job hunting. Enter the video pitch, where you can cut through the noise and 10x your interview rate.
At this Career Hackers live workshop, Jan. 12 4pm EST, learn the do’s and don’ts of how to make and send a video pitch, and get hired faster.
Quote of the Day
“What you seek is seeking you.”
The Career Hackers Revolution
- Career hacking is about the relentless pursuit of discovering and doing what makes you come alive. Here are the core principles in the Career Hackers Manifesto.
- Keep the convo going. Follow us on TikTok, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Sick and tired of your negative self-talk? Sign up for a free trial of 1-1 coaching.
- Tired of getting ghosted on your job hunt? Our friend David used Video Resumes to land his last two jobs and double his salary in one year! He’s just written an eBook that tells how he did it and ways that anyone can use a video resume to get their next job. There are some valuable tips and examples for anyone who wants to start creating video resumes. You can get 50% off this eBook with the code: CareerHackers
- See two of our top posts: How to Make a Video Pitch and 100 Ways to Work Out Loud, so you can skip the resume and degree and be your own credential.
- Want audio? Head to the Daily Job Hunt Podcast.
- Can’t get enough? Get the DJH Sunday Special for extra mindset juice.