The “I Shouldn’t Have To” Fallacy
You might think:
You’ve made the “I shouldn’t have to” fallacy!
Let’s break it down real quick. ; )
First, you don’t have to do anything! Everything is a choice. You are empowered.
Second, reality is reality. Maybe I shouldn’t have to eat food to survive, but that is the way it is. Soo….will I take control of my health?
Will you take control of your career?
Work with reality, and focus on what’s in your self-interest, given that reality.
Go from Beginner to Web Developer (with job guarantee)
Walt Disney was right – you can do anything you put your mind to.
That means if you grew up in poverty, you can become wealthy.
That means with no college degree, you can break into a tech career.
And it means with Springboard’s Foundations to Core course, in only 11 months part-time, you can become a professional web developer with absolutely no prior knowledge.
Oh and you’re guaranteed a job or your money back.
As a Springboard full-stack web development bootcamp student, you can expect
- Job guarantee – land a job or get your money back
- Flexible schedule – 100% online, self-paced
- Mentorship from an experienced full stack software developer
Over 40% of Springboard software engineering students do not hold a college degree. And the average grad increases their salary by $26,559.
January cohort spots are filling up.
Apply now. Use code CAREERHACKERSSB for $500 off tuition.
“Learning with Springboard was really fun. I never felt like I was in a position where I didn’t have the tools to learn something.”
– Geraldo Gomes
10 Ways to Build Your Personal Brand
You may not have a personal brand yet….but you can start!
“Read a book? Write a review or post your notes. Post it to your blog or record a video version and post it to YouTube. Then cross-post it to Amazon. Watch a movie? Review it. Take a course? Review it. Listen to a podcast? Post your notes.”
Quote of the Day
“Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.”
— Arthur Ashe
The Career Hackers Revolution
- Career hacking is about the relentless pursuit of discovering and doing what makes you come alive. Here are the core principles in the Career Hackers Manifesto.
- Keep the convo going. Follow us on TikTok, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Tired of getting ghosted on your job hunt? Our friend David just built a step-by-step course on how to land a 90% response rate for your job applications – the 6 Figure Video Resume. Use code CareerHackers for a whopping 50% off!
- Sick and tired of your negative self-talk? Sign up for a free trial of 1-1 coaching.
- See two of our top posts: How to Make a Video Pitch and 100 Ways to Work Out Loud, so you can skip the resume and degree and be your own credential.
- Want audio? Head to the Daily Job Hunt Podcast.
- Can’t get enough? Get the DJH Sunday Special for extra mindset juice.