DJH 451: how to stand out
The surest way to stand out to land a job is to send a custom project without waiting for permission.
Burn your resume!!!
Geraldo Gomes: From Oil Rig Operator to Coder
Geraldo Gomes was in a stressful career in the oil industry, working on a big drill ship, for months at a time.
With this experience he wasn’t sure he could find a new career path.
But then he heard about Springboard, where you can learn new skills, get mentorship and coaching, and begin a whole new chapter of your life.
After diving into the Foundations to Core course in web development, in about a year, Geraldo was working at an excellent role at a firm, providing for his family (sans oil rig)!
The average Springboard grad increases their salary by $26,559.
As a Springboard full-stack web development bootcamp student, you can expect
- Job guarantee - land a job or get your money back
- Flexible schedule - 100% online, self-paced
- Mentorship from an experienced full stack software developer
Apply now. Use code CAREERHACKERSSB for $500 off tuition.
“Learning with Springboard was really fun. I never felt like I was in a position where I didn't have the tools to learn something.”
- Geraldo Gomes
Research Companies with Craft.co
Before you pitch a company, you want to learn about them. Where to start? We've mentioned Crunchbase, but you can also use Craft.co to learn about their funding rounds, competitors, revenue, key people, and more.
Meme of the Day
The Career Hackers Revolution
- Career hacking is about the relentless pursuit of discovering and doing what makes you come alive. Here are the core principles in the Career Hackers Manifesto.
- Keep the convo going. Follow us on TikTok, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Tired of getting ghosted on your job hunt? Our friend David just built a step-by-step course on how to land a 90% response rate for your job applications - the 6 Figure Video Resume. Use code CareerHackers for a whopping 50% off!
- Sick and tired of your negative self-talk? Sign up for a free trial of 1-1 coaching.
- See two of our top posts: How to Make a Video Pitch and 100 Ways to Work Out Loud, so you can skip the resume and degree and be your own credential.
- Want audio? Head to the Daily Job Hunt Podcast.
- Can't get enough? Get the DJH Sunday Special for extra mindset juice.
The Daily Job Hunt
Join 125,000+ readers and get a kick in the inbox every morning.