Do What Makes You Come Alive
The time is ripe to discover and do what makes you come alive.
Paradigms are changing, formal institutions are decaying, and doing what you’re “supposed to do” isn’t cutting it anymore.
Now is the time to turn inward, listen to your soul, get curious, become creative, and live the life you were designed to live.
You are an individual, not a statistic. You have core values, interests, talents, and desires that were meant to be actualized.
I’m getting chills writing this…. because what makes me come alive is inspiring others to come alive.
So will you join me?
Remove the shackles of the paradigm of rule following, waiting for permission, and being a clock-in-clock-out worker.
The future is the sovereign individual. Your birthright is happiness, meaning, purpose, and aliveness.
Forget “just getting a job” just to be practical and secure. What if the best thing you could do for your loved ones is to live a life of vigor and vitality? And wouldn’t following your bliss be the best to maximize financial power, anyhow?
Let go of others’ expectations. You’re not on this planet to live up to anyone else’s demands or even requests of you.
Catalyze your growth. Invest in yourself. Catapult into an empowered future.
You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.
4 Outdated Job Search Steps and What to Do Instead
Everyone is taught in school to go to college, attend job fairs, send resumes, and apply on job application portals.
What if all that were a waste of time?
“The informal job market — the market of companies that are growing but can’t afford to attend recruitment fairs and doesn’t have the time to manage online listings — is much easier to get hired in.
As I’ve written elsewhere, there is often far less competition and far less bureaucracy in place to prevent you from getting the job. You might even have the chance to sidestep the HR department entirely and connect directly with the head of your department or the CEO of the company, something that is very unlikely to happen in the formal job market.”
Meme of the Day
6 Figure Video Resume
Get the tips on how to make a video resume, plug and play scripts, plus a career coaching session.
Use code CareerHackers for a whopping 50% off!
The Career Hackers Revolution
- Career hacking is about the relentless pursuit of discovering and doing what makes you come alive. Here are the core principles in the Career Hackers Manifesto.
- Keep the convo going. Follow us on TikTok, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Sick and tired of your negative self-talk? Sign up for a free trial of 1-1 coaching.
- See two of our top posts: How to Make a Video Pitch and 100 Ways to Work Out Loud, so you can skip the resume and degree and be your own credential.
- Want audio? Head to the Daily Job Hunt Podcast.
- Can’t get enough? Get the DJH Sunday Special for extra mindset juice.