DJH 442: how to turn your life around
Turn It Around
Are you sensing your life is slipping from you in some way?
It's never too late to turn it around.
Just make that 1, helpful baby step today, and again tomorrow.
Build new momentum.
Get a free, 1 hour 1-1 coaching call!
We're now offering free trials for our 1-1 coaching (bi-weekly and weekly plans only).
This means you'll get your first 1 hour call free.
- Permanently remove a limiting belief in 1 call (e.g. we clear "I'm not enough" in one call)
- Get clear and motivated on your job hunt and career goals (e.g. how to video pitch, start a blog, and start the habits to build momentum)
- Unlimited email support along the way
Proof of Work > Resume
15 years ago, Seth Godin wrote "Great people shouldn’t have a resume."
He said "world class jobs don't get filled by emailing a resume.... Ever."
But I think he'd let us update that statement.... Nobody needs a resume, whether you want to be "great" or not (though why not be great?).
The point is, to land a job effectively and quickly, Proof of Work is what you need!
See Seth's full article, Why bother having a resume?
"Having a resume begs for you to go into that big machine that looks for relevant keywords, and begs for you to get a job as a cog in a giant machine. Just more fodder for the corporate behemoth. That might be fine for average folks looking for an average job, but is that what you deserve?"
Quote of the Day
"The only truly safe thing you can do is to try over and over again. To go for it, to get rejected, to repeat, to strive, to wish. Without rejection there is no frontier, there is no passion, and there is no magic."
— James Altucher
6 Figure Video Resume
Tired of getting ghosted on your job hunt? Our friend David just built a step-by-step course on how to land a 90% response rate for your job applications - the 6 Figure Video Resume.
Get the tips on how to make a video resume, plug and play scripts, plus a career coaching session.
Use code CareerHackers for a whopping 50% off!
The Career Hackers Revolution
- Career hacking is about the relentless pursuit of discovering and doing what makes you come alive. Here are the core principles in the Career Hackers Manifesto.
- Keep the convo going. Follow us on TikTok, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Sick and tired of your negative self-talk? Sign up for a free trial of 1-1 coaching.
- See two of our top posts: How to Make a Video Pitch and 100 Ways to Work Out Loud, so you can skip the resume and degree and be your own credential.
- Want audio? Head to the Daily Job Hunt Podcast.
- Can't get enough? Get the DJH Sunday Special for extra mindset juice.
The Daily Job Hunt
Join 125,000+ readers and get a kick in the inbox every morning.