DJH 437: why you need a pitch deck
Check Your Habit Triggers
What's the trigger for when you start scrolling social media, without purpose?
Is it after lunch?
After waking up?
During your break at work?
It's not that "scrolling is BAD".... but what could you do instead?
What if right after lunch.....you create a 1 sentence blog post?
What if right after you wake up.... you just took a deep breath?
Choose your habits, and use triggers in your favor.
Get a free, 1 hour 1-1 coaching call!
We're now offering free trials for our 1-1 coaching (bi-weekly and weekly plans only).
This means you'll get your first 1 hour call free.
- Permanently remove a limiting belief in 1 call (e.g. we clear "I'm not enough" in one call)
- Get clear and motivated on your job hunt and career goals (e.g. how to video pitch, start a blog, and start the habits to build momentum)
- Unlimited email support along the way
This a $200+ value. Oh and we'll change your life forever....
I care about you and am here to support you!
(First call is free. If you don't like it, you can cancel. But I think you'll like it....).
"It's amazing how much good work can be done in just 55 minutes. Taking that time was a big game changer for me in turning the corner towards taking action in my career goals. Joel's great! Highly recommend!"
Ditch Your Resume – Build A Pitch Deck
We usually teach to send a video pitch to land more interviews, instead of a resume.
But you can also send a pitch deck, a few slides telling your story and what you'd be a great fit for a company!
See this example and read more in this post from the Praxis blog.
"We’ve hit resume inflation. So many people have decent-looking ones that the value of having one has decreased heavily. You need something better to stand apart from the pack — something that shows you actually put work into your work and exhibits your skills and work experience.
You need a pitch deck."
From Teaching to Tech - How Marlisa Changed Careers
This past summer, Marlisa was about to start a career in teaching.
But she was dreading it.
So she followed her gut and made a major change.
That's called self-empowerment, baby.
Quote of the Day
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines! Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover!”
— Mark Twain
The Career Hackers Revolution
- Career hacking is about the relentless pursuit of discovering and doing what makes you come alive. Here are the core principles in the Career Hackers Manifesto.
- Keep the convo going. Follow us on TikTok, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Sick and tired of your negative self-talk? Sign up for a free trial of 1-1 coaching.
- See two of our top posts: How to Make a Video Pitch and 100 Ways to Work Out Loud, so you can skip the resume and degree and be your own credential.
- Want audio? Head to the Daily Job Hunt Podcast.
The Daily Job Hunt
Join 125,000+ readers and get a kick in the inbox every morning.