DJH 430: do you hate your job?
Don't Do Stuff You Hate
You don't need find your passion right away, just don't do stuff you hate.
If you hate your job, quit now, OR make a concrete exit plan.
Then start playing with projects and opportunities. Over time, you'll dial in a life you love.
All because you started by decluttering that which made you feel dead.
Start where you are.
P.S. Need personal guidance on your career decisions? Email me back.
Career Hackers TikTok!
Hey, we have a new TikTok channel, @skiptheresume, creatively run by our new team member Shannon!
Give us a follow, yeah? Let's spread the Career Hackers revolution. :)
How to Handle Fear (on the job hunt)
Speaking of the lizard brain...I'll lead a workshop to share the tools and mindsets needed to empower yourself and quiet your lizard brain, How to handle fear (on the job hunt), Thursday, Dec. 1 at 4pm CST.
This will also be a chance to be coached, ask questions, and connect with others.
Quote of the Day
"Visualization is the process of making mental images, and the image is the mold or model which will serve as a pattern from which your future will emerge."
— Charles Haanel
The Career Hackers Revolution
- Career hacking is about the relentless pursuit of discovering and doing what makes you come alive. Here are the core principles in the Career Hackers Manifesto.
- Sick and tired of your negative self-talk? Sign up for a free trial of 1-1 coaching.
- See two of our top posts: How to Make a Video Pitch and 100 Ways to Work Out Loud, so you can skip the resume and degree and be your own credential.
- Want audio? Head to the Daily Job Hunt Podcast.
- Can't get enough? Get the DJH Sunday Special for extra mindset juice.
The Daily Job Hunt
Join 125,000+ readers and get a kick in the inbox every morning.