Recapping this week’s DJH
Mindsets for Success
You won’t make progress unless you define the exact next step.
“Start a blog” is actually NOT an exact next step.
Often, the hardest part of creating is just starting. So be clear on how to do that.
Email is Powerful
Email is a tool. You can get busy and distracted by it, but you can also start a 1-1 conversation with so many people worldwide. You couldn’t easily do that in 1991!
There are many possibilities with email, if you act with intention.
Links Worth Checking Out
- ‘I created a Chatbot for you!” — How Gregory won an entry level sales role (CH post)
- Got Laid Off? Take a fresh approach to land your next job (LinkedIn post)
- 4 Outdated Job Search Steps and What to Do Instead (Praxis post)
Get a free, 1 hour 1-1 coaching call
We’re now offering free trials for our 1-1 coaching (bi-weekly and weekly plans only).
This means you’ll get your first 1 hour call free.
- Permanently remove a limiting belief in 1 call (e.g. we clear “I’m not enough” in one call)
- Get clear and motivated on your job hunt and career goals (e.g. how to video pitch, start a blog, and start the habits to build momentum)
- Unlimited email support along the way
Start now. You’ll like it.
Meme of the Week
The Resume Definition of Insanity?
We all know Einstein’s definition of insanity – doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
But how many of us apply that wisdom?
For instance, I recently posted in a LinkedIn career group, asking “what’s most frustrating or challenging about your job hunt?”
Dozens of people commented. Almost everyone said “not hearing back” or “uploading resumes,” or some variations.
The frustration was potent.
Yet so few job hunters pause, and ask “how if I couldn’t send a resume?”
If you ask that, you need to get imaginative!
When you take this approach – it works. We’ve seen thousands of people launch their careers and land jobs without degrees or resumes.
Want to join the fun? It’s really quite thrilling. 🙂
6 Figure Video Resume
Get the tips on how to make a video resume, plug and play scripts, plus a career coaching session.
Use code CareerHackers for a whopping 50% off!
The Career Hackers Revolution
- Career hacking is about the relentless pursuit of discovering and doing what makes you come alive. Here are the core principles in the Career Hackers Manifesto.
- Keep the convo going. Follow us on TikTok, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Sick and tired of your negative self-talk? Sign up for a free trial of 1-1 coaching.
- See two of our top posts: How to Make a Video Pitch and 100 Ways to Work Out Loud, so you can skip the resume and degree and be your own credential.
- Want audio? Head to the Daily Job Hunt Podcast.
- Can’t get enough? Get the DJH Sunday Special for extra mindset juice.