Recapping this week's DJH
Mindsets for Success
Stay Hungry Stay Foolish
Turn off auto-pilot. Stay awake. Don't lose perspective. Go create what you want with this gift known as Your One Life.
Stay hungry, stay foolish.
Proof of Work
What matters is proof that you can do the job.
So show up, and bring:
- a body of work
- a mock ad copy
- a sample email drip campaign
- a new logo
- a doc of testimonials from previous clients/supervisors/colleagues
- a list of new prospects for the company
Serve it up on a silver platter. They'll be salivating.
Links Worth Checking Out
- How to Get Hired (Derek Sivers legendary post)
- How to Break Into Copywriting (Corey Haines interview with us)
- Sprint program by Co.Lab (high value Product Management course - use code CAREERHACKERS)
How to Design a Web App (with no experience)
If you've never done it before, it might feel impossible to design a web app.
It may seem arduous, complex, and something "only other people do."
But that's not the case. You can do it too. :)
Quote of the Week
"Focus on one company....It doesn’t matter if they’re not hiring."
The End of Worrying
It's easy to be in worry mode, especially if you're unemployed, looking to break into a new career, etc.
You want to feel secure and stable, which is understandable.
But how much is the worry helping with that?
Not at all!
It's just a feeling that weighs you down.
Now, it's true that the feeling of worry is trying to help you. It's there to signal to you to get stuff done, or make sure you plan ahead.
But when you think about it, there's never anything to worry about.
If a situation is IN your sphere of control, then you can do something about it (so no need to worry).
If a situation is OUT of your sphere of control, then you can't do anything about it (so no need to worry).
Worrying just distorts your sense of personal power.
Easier said than done?
Maybe. Or maybe not.
Maybe you could just outright choose to never worry again.
Trust yourself. Take action. Build more trust. Allow unwanted feelings, but then let them go.
How much could that freedom help you to step into your true creative power?
P.S. Hit me back with your thoughts if you want.
The Career Hackers Revolution
- Career hacking is about the relentless pursuit of discovering and doing what makes you come alive. Here are the core principles in the Career Hackers Manifesto.
- See two of our top posts: How to Make a Video Pitch and 100 Ways to Work Out Loud, so you can skip the resume and degree and be your own credential.
- Want audio? Head to the Daily Job Hunt Podcast.
- Can't get enough? Get the DJH Sunday Special for extra mindset juice.
The Daily Job Hunt
Join 125,000+ readers and get a kick in the inbox every morning.