This post originally appeared as issue 156 of the Daily Job Hunt email. Sign up for kick-butt career hype in your inbox each morning.
Get More Sleep
You can't chop down a tree with a dull axe.
Same with your job hunt.
Take care of your body and brain.
Eat well, move, sleep, laugh, play, and hug your kids.
Do it out of self-love. You matter.
Then, with a full tank of energy, go after a job with fervor.
Sponsor - Praxis
Launch your career without college.
Praxis is a year-long business driven apprenticeship program that combines a professional bootcamp and a full-time paid job at a high-growth startup. The program offers a direct route into entrepreneurial careers for ambitious young adults – without the cost or hassle of college.
Learn more here.
Will Starting A Blog Hurt My Rep?
No, it won't!
If you're afraid to start blogging because you're worried someone will read what you wrote and think less of you....well, you might have a different problem:
Will anyone even read your blog??
Probably not, in the beginning.
So, that fear you have is just Capital R Resistance trying to keep you safely hidden, by not expressing yourself publicly.
But when you do a blogging challenge (e.g. write every day for 30 days), you'll build your confidence, consistency, creativity, and communication. You'll change your life.
Here are posts and podcasts all about this:
- It All Started With Daily Blogging (7 min. podcast)
- Joe Pas on How Daily Blogging and Personal Projects Help You Win Opportunities (29 min. podcast)
- Wanna Get Hired? Reasons to Start a Blog (3 min. article)
- The Challenges and Rewards of Writing Every Day (4 min. article)
- 34 Daily Blogging Challenge Ideas (Pinterest board)
- How Daily Blogging Changed My Life (18 min. podcast)
- Try something new for 30 days (3 min. TED Talk)
Quote of the Day
“Doing just a little bit during the time we have available puts you that much further ahead than if you took no action at all.”
— Byron Pulsifer
The Daily Job Hunt
Join 125,000+ readers and get a kick in the inbox every morning.