How To Get Lucky
Everyday is your lucky day because luck is something you can take into your own hands!
This post originally appeared as issue 13 of the Daily Job Hunt email. Sign up for kick-butt career hype in your inbox each morning.
Yo. It's the DJH 13. We're not skipping 13 like some hotel buildings because luck is something you can take into your own hands!
You can increase your luck surface area. Volunteer at events, reach out to people daily, or build an online presence.
Get your name out there!
It's like dating. To find your dream guy or gal, you'll want to leave the house. ; )
Work in your zone of control daily, and good stuff can happen.
P.S. Our Slack channel is a cool place to increase your luck surface. You can jam with other job seekers there.
How to Follow Up
One of the worst parts of the standard job hunt is waiting for a response.
So stop waiting! Follow up often, every 2-3 days until you hear a firm answer. Here are posts on how:
- Follow up like a sales pro with Nick Rundlett (timestamped 4 min. podcast clip)
- Send a follow up email to get hired (1 min. blog)
- Guide to following up (22 page doc we made)
- Follow up email templates (we've linked to this before - it's that good)
- How to follow up after an interview (5 min. video from Cass Thompson)
Pic of the Day
The Daily Job Hunt
Join 125,000+ readers and get a kick in the inbox every morning.