Interviews are nerve-wracking and challenging.
We have all been there, feeling the pressure to impress and struggling to find the right words. It’s challenging and most people don’t know what to do so they follow the common herd advice out there.
But to stand out, that won’t work. You have to take it to the next level.
That’s why I have compiled some valuable insights and tips from great thought leaders in this blog to help you confidently tackle your next interview, and increase your interview IQ.
7 ways to improve interview performance:
- Research, research, research: Don’t walk into an interview blind. Research the company, the industry, and the job you’re interviewing for. The more you know, the better you’ll be able to answer questions and showcase your knowledge.
- Practice makes perfect:Don’t wait until the day of your interview to practice your answers. Prepare responses to common interview questions and practice with a friend or family member. The more you practice, the more confident and polished you’ll be.
- Dress to impress: First impressions are everything, so dress to impress. Make sure your outfit is appropriate for the company culture and industry, and make sure you’re well-groomed and put-together.
- Body language matters: Nonverbal communication is just as important as what you say. Sit up straight, make eye contact, and smile. Show your enthusiasm and engagement with your body language.
- Be yourself: Don’t try to be someone you’re not. Be authentic and genuine, and let your personality shine through. Employers want to hire someone they’ll enjoy working with, so be yourself and let your unique qualities stand out.
- Ask thoughtful questions: An interview is a two-way conversation. Don’t be afraid to ask thoughtful questions about the company, the role, and the team you’ll be working with. This shows your interest and engagement in the job.
- Follow-up: Don’t forget to follow up after your interview with a thank-you note or email. This shows your appreciation for the opportunity and keeps you top of mind for the employer.(Oh and here’s a guide on following up)
With these tips, you’ll be a confident and impressive candidate that no employer can ignore. Boost your interview IQ and start landing the jobs you deserve with boldness and success!