DJH 555: how to stand out
Handwritten Thank You Notes
I've written over 300 handwritten thank you notes in the past 5 years. To colleagues, job interviewers, new contacts, donors to my non-profit org, and friends.
The value of this is:
- it feels good to thank people
- people feel good when they are thanked
- handwritten notes send a signal of special meaning
- people remember you
- you develop a more grateful mindset
- you stand out from everyone else
Why not go the extra mile and start to write handwritten thank you notes?
Dropping Out of High School, Breaking into Tech Sales, and Job Hunt Hacks
Adrianna Vidal is now community manager at RevGenius, but she never graduated high school. Instead she forged her own path through the value creation mindset.
Learn more in our podcast with her.
Quote of the Day
“Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. Have the courage to follow your own heart and intuition.”
— Steve Jobs
The Career Hackers Revolution
- Career hacking is about the relentless pursuit of discovering and doing what makes you come alive. Here are the core principles in the Career Hackers Manifesto.
- See two of our top posts: How to Make a Video Pitch and 100 Ways to Work Out Loud, so you can skip the resume and degree and be your own credential. See more on the Start Here page.
- Follow us on Twitter
- Follow Joel on LinkedIn
- Want audio? Head to the Daily Job Hunt Podcast.
The Daily Job Hunt
Join 125,000+ readers and get a kick in the inbox every morning.