DJH 456: 6 ways you win even if you don't get the job 💡
Start with Self-Respect
If you want to excel in 2023, you need to stop beating yourself up.
Instead, focus on encouraging, appreciating, and celebrating yourself.
That might feel unfamiliar, and part of you may worry you'll "get nothing done" and you'll "be lazy."
But don't worry, I'm not saying to avoid challenges or ignore uncomfortable choices.
I'm just saying to be the hero in your own novel.
The true value creators in this world live in abundance. They operate at a foundation not of self-hate, but of self-love, self-trust, and self-respect.
Why not you?
Where Will You be in 1 Year?
Happy New Year!
Remember....we overestimate what we can do in 1 day, and underestimate what we can accomplish in 1 year.
So as you kick off 2023 with big plans to change your life, be sure to pace yourself.
That’s what Springboard can do in 11 months for you, with their Foundation to Core program to launch into a web development career.
Starting from ground zero (no skills), working a little bit each day, each week, and each month, you could look up on New Year’s Day 2024 with an amazing new job and career.
As a 100% online and self-paced program, you can choose your hours and work around your current responsibilities (be it another job, a family, or…. walking your beloved dog).
Plus, you’ll be guaranteed a job or your tuition will be refunded.
Apply now. Use code CAREERHACKERSSB for $500 off tuition.
(A year from now, you will wish you had started today).
Do the Job Before You Have the Job
Principle #6 of the Career Hackers Manifesto is to do the job before you have the job.
This is a guaranteed way to stand out, my dear reader!
For example, to land a sales role, create a mock call for what you'd say as a sales rep. Be sure to study the company first, and their key pitch phrases.
But even if you do this imperfectly, or heck, mediocrely, you'll still be way ahead of the seas of resumes.
6 Ways You Win Even if You Don't Get the Job
If you send a video pitch instead of a resume, you always win, even if you don't get that particular job.
"Creating a pitch and sending it is a little scary at first. But once you’ve done it, you feel proud and confident. Even if you don’t win the job, the process of doing something unique builds you up."
Quote of the Day
“Don’t compare your path with anybody else’s. Your path is unique to you.”
― Ram Dass
The Career Hackers Revolution
- Career hacking is about the relentless pursuit of discovering and doing what makes you come alive. Here are the core principles in the Career Hackers Manifesto.
- Keep the convo going. Follow us on TikTok, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Tired of getting ghosted on your job hunt? Our friend David just built a step-by-step course on how to land a 90% response rate for your job applications - the 6 Figure Video Resume. Use code CareerHackers for a whopping 50% off!
- Sick and tired of your negative self-talk? Sign up for a free trial of 1-1 coaching.
- See two of our top posts: How to Make a Video Pitch and 100 Ways to Work Out Loud, so you can skip the resume and degree and be your own credential.
- Want audio? Head to the Daily Job Hunt Podcast.
- Can't get enough? Get the DJH Sunday Special for extra mindset juice.
The Daily Job Hunt
Join 125,000+ readers and get a kick in the inbox every morning.