There's no right way to do things
We teach you to pitch a company by emailing a human a video, to skip the resume.
But then you might need to follow up, to show you mean it!
But how many times to follow up?
The answer is there is no right answer. There is no "right way" to do things!
You need to think for yourself, based on the context. Advice is overrated (says the guys giving advice)!
But....I will give you guidelines:
- follow up every 2-3 days until you get a response
- remember that persistence is polite; assume people aren't ignoring you, they're just overloaded with emails
- follow up more if you really want that job - just keep knocking on the door, indefatigably
- see this podcast and our guides
Go for it!
Do you make less than $40K a year?
Inflation is tough and hitting people hard. Maybe people like you.
So maybe you're ready to level up, change your career, and bring in more income, but investing in a tech bootcamp is hard to stomach in the short-term.
General Assembly gets that.
A leader in education and career launch for over 10 years, GA has helped transform tens of thousands of careers, and now are offering discounts to individuals who currently earn less than $40,000/year.
If you enroll in their full-time bootcamp between now and January 31, you could be eligible for a major discount on tuition.
Fill out this short form to schedule a call with an Admissions team member and verify your eligibility.
CH Classic: Eight Basic Skills That Will Pay You Handsomely
In this new CH Classic, uncover the skills that will propel to a fruitful life and career. (Hint: these are more like mindsets than skills).
"The ability to keep going when you feel like giving up
The human experience is filled with rejection, failures, tragedies, and events that will make you want to give up.
But the most successful people are not the wealthiest, smartest, or most courageous. They are stupidly patient. And a little stubborn too. When it makes logical sense to quit, they double down."
Quote of the Day
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
— Ralph Waldo Emerson
The Career Hackers Revolution
- Career hacking is about the relentless pursuit of discovering and doing what makes you come alive. Here are the core principles in the Career Hackers Manifesto.
- Keep the convo going. Follow us on TikTok, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Sick and tired of your negative self-talk? Sign up for a free trial of 1-1 coaching.
- See two of our top posts: How to Make a Video Pitch and 100 Ways to Work Out Loud, so you can skip the resume and degree and be your own credential.
- Want audio? Head to the Daily Job Hunt Podcast.
- Can't get enough? Get the DJH Sunday Special for extra mindset juice.
The Daily Job Hunt
Join 125,000+ readers and get a kick in the inbox every morning.